Tuesday, May 4, 2010

No great gain without some small (or not so small) loss

I finally found out about my English course. As of right now, it looks like I will be in Budapest from the beginning of August so I can take a CELTA course there before school starts. While the prospects of getting there sooner, having an easier time finding an apartment because students won't be back yet, and having more time to settle in are all wonderful there is a huge downside. Barring some massive re-arrangement or special allowances, I won't be able to return to Glimmerglass this summer. Although, I can't feel disappointed because I'm going back to Hungary, I feel awful about letting Glimmerglass down. My two bosses are both wonderful friends and I hate to put them in this pinch just a month before I was supposed to start. On the other hand, I don't want them to feel as if, because I've been there so long, they are obligated to go out of their way to make it work. Obviously, if something can be worked out, I would be happy to return for the first part of the season, but how logical is it to hire someone who will leave half-way through? All in all, this makes my heart sick.

In other news, graduation is next week... eek! It really seems just yesterday that we were freshmen. Really stupid freshmen sometimes. So many memories. How did we get to be so old? The choral society banquet is tonight, just another set of good-byes. I should be working on my practicum binder for Sacred Music Professional Experience because I have my last meeting with John S. in an hour. My binder is nowhere near finished. I'll be working on that all week (because I should have been working on it all semester - I hate how talented I am at procrastination). Or, if I don't show up later, it's probably because I'm lying dead at the Cathedral (HAHA).

No comments:

Post a Comment