Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Last Day of School

What's better than the last day of school?

Getting out of the school at 9:30am and getting ice cream with friends before 10am.

That's exactly what happened today. Because information is at such a premium in my job, I didn't know anything about work today. Usually on Wednesdays I would have to come in for class at 9 or office hour at 10 depending on the week. Since I hadn't heard anything, I figured I should probably show up around 8 (time school starts) just in case there was something I needed to do. There wasn't. So I spent my last day at school (this year) drinking hot chocolate with Cassie and talking about flat hunting followed with some quality time on Facebook and reading blogs. Finally, around 9:30 we decided to skedaddle along with another friend, Deb.

Needing a victory treat, we stopped by Daubner - home of the world's best ice cream - on the way back from work and spent time just talking about the year and our plans for next year (Deb is leaving us for the American school :( although she will still be in Budapest :) I'll still be with this program but it's not certain where, Cassie will be teaching at one of the other schools). A really nice low-key way to end the school year.

Now, on to the rest of the next 2 weeks... I don't work tomorrow but I have a voice lesson :-D so excited! Friday, I'm at the kindy. Saturday is free. Sunday to Tuesday I'll be at camp with the upper school kids. I'm traveling to Prague via overnight bus on Tuesday for the Prague Quadrennial - an international theater convention - and then back on the overnight bus Thursday just in time for my last day at the kindy next Friday. Then, I've got Saturday to finish packing, cleaning, tying up any lose ends in Budapest before I peace out for a month. Sunday (June 26th) I fly home via Dusseldorf and Toronto. That leaves me with a few days to 1. get over jet-lag, 2. attempt to clean/somewhat organize the 'rents' house, and (probably most of all :-P) 3. run around like a headless chicken before a friend comes to visit for the weekend of the 4th.

With all that going on, I'm just hoping I end up in the right place at the right time and I remember to pack everything I need for each trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment