Friday, August 13, 2010

Confession

I have to admit.... I've been living in a state of sin the past two weeks. Breaking the Kovach cardinal rule for going to Europe, it has taken me twelve days to get my first ice cream. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

HAHA

Well, it's true, I hadn't had an ice cream until today. There are various reasons for that including class 12-8 during the week, running around seeing apartments, general adjusting. Honestly though, the biggest reason was I wanted to wait until I could get some really good ice cream. Not that all Hungarian ice cream isn't amazing! Don't mistake me there. But today I finally had time to get out to Daubner's. Yummy! Of course it was delicious. I had citrom (lemon), somloi galuska (walnut, chocolate, rum, with pieces of cake), and rizs (rice). The lemon was pucker-up sour, the somloi was amazing, but the rizs disappointed me. :( The ice cream itself wasn't bad but there was all this barack crap on top :-P If I wanted peach ice cream, I would have asked for it! If I want rice ice cream, don't adorn it with a liberal (LOL) decoration of peach jam.

Speaking of barack flavored or scented things ... I was tempted to get some toilet paper at the store and might have if it wasn't twice the price of the regular. Why anyone would want peach-scented toilet paper is beyond me but it's still hilarious.

In other news, week two of the CELTA course is done. As much as I would love to say that I'm half done that really isn't correct. I've taught half my lessons but of the four big assignments, I have to resubmit the only one we've turned in so far. The next is due on Monday and I'm really hoping I can make it work the first time.

I'm pretty sure I've got an apartment, just waiting to hear for sure from the landlady. More to come on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment