Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Russian Composers

When I was in college, I was very excited to take a course on Russian and Soviet history. Unfortunately, the teacher left MUCH to be desired in her "teaching" of the class. As our final project, we had to write a research paper. I gambled that she wouldn't read it and wrote completely bogus information about Russian composers and music.

Fast forward to Summer 2016. I took the Trans-Mongolian Railway from Beijing to Moscow and then continued to St. Petersburg. There is a famous cemetery in St. Petersburg which happens to contain the graves of all the composers I wrote about. Here is the footage from my trip as tribute to them and their work.

Introductory video



Glinka


















Balikirev















Cui

Borodin



Unfortunately, the final two videos are two large for Blogger... I will try to post them on FB

No comments:

Post a Comment