- friends stabbing me in the back
- unwanted moves
- full-time jobs lost
- problems finding a car
- toxic relationships
- persons in positions of authority randomly going crazy
- weeks of work lost due to illness
- work (hard since I've got nothing at the moment)
- living situation (although, I'm already at my parents' so it's hard to get worse unless I was actually homeless -- unlike "technically" homeless which I was last month)
- health (that was the "lightest" of my problems last year... "just" bronchitis which lasted a month, kept me out of work for two weeks, and left a cough which still lingers)
- friends (not something I like, but it is almost a relief when people show their true selves... the effects can be particularly unpleasant, however)
but there's no way of telling which of these (or something completely different) it will be.
I'm so sick of the "things will get better... this is just Calvary before Easter... blah blah blah..." crap that I've been getting from people (add 25 fail points if the person that says it contributes/has contributed to the disaster). Frankly, it's trite and makes me want to vomit: particularly when it's from people who aren't dealing with their whole life falling apart around them.
No, this is not a particularly positive way to start the new year. At least, hopefully, by expecting the worst, there's always a possibility that I will be pleasantly surprised. Right?